PG Coursework Unit
Engages students in a major project of writing and develops advanced research practices which are alert to the relationship between writing and cultural production. Provides students with knowledges in issues of research, sustaining narrative drive and placing the project within a literary context. Students will receive critical feedback integral to their writing practice and engage in reflection on their own work using analytical and interpretation skills.
1. Planning extended writing projects
2. Sustaining narrative drive
3. Methodology for research
4. Cross disciplinary frameworks
5. Placing the project within a literary context
6. Reviewing and revising
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate the ability to commit to a sustained writing project.|
|2||manage practical situations in creative writing projects.|
|3||show awareness of reflective practices in creative writing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to commit to a sustained writing project.
- manage practical situations in creative writing projects.
- show awareness of reflective practices in creative writing.
- No prescribed texts.