UG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to the study and practice of auto/biography. Will explore a range of texts of the genres and those contemporary theories of the subject which are so pertinent to the writing and reading of auto/biography. Gives students the opportunity to write an auto/biographical piece.
- Writing lives
- Writing the self
- Writing others
- Lives in context
- Writing from the margins
- Political lives: Writing and advocacy
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of auto/biographical theory and practice|
|2||demonstrate an ability to devise and develop a creative project within a life-writing genre of their own choosing|
|3||analyse and interpret a range of critical approaches relevant to auto/biography|
|4||reflect critically and constructively on their own and others' writing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of auto/biographical theory and practice
- demonstrate an ability to devise and develop a creative project within a life-writing genre of their own choosing
- analyse and interpret a range of critical approaches relevant to auto/biography
- reflect critically and constructively on their own and others' writing.
- No prescribed texts.