UG Coursework Unit
Explores issues of grief, trauma and crises, such as death, illness, family breakdown, violence, abuse, disasters, and life changes. Examines theory and skills, attitudes and responses to grief, trauma and crises. Applies intervention models to grief, trauma and crises.
- Discourses of loss, trauma and crisis
- Death, dying and grieving
- Theories of loss and grief, trauma and/or crisis
- Working with grief
- Working with trauma/crisis
- Working with grief, trauma and crisis in the human services
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically review discourses informing loss, grief and trauma|
|2||analyse theories of grief, trauma and crisis|
|3||critically reflect on own values and beliefs about grief, trauma and crises|
|4||discuss a trauma informed approach to human services practice.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically review discourses informing loss, grief and trauma
- analyse theories of grief, trauma and crisis
- critically reflect on own values and beliefs about grief, trauma and crises
- discuss a trauma informed approach to human services practice.
- No prescribed texts.