Not currently available in 2021
PG Coursework Unit
Provides insight into global issues which challenge hotel and tourism development in the 21st century. Adopts a student-focused strategy aimed at students developing an understanding of the contemporary trends by focusing on areas/issues of tourism supply and demand.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||examine current global issues that may influence tourism and hotel development|
|2||demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the media can influence tourism development|
|3||evaluate and apply risk management processes|
|4||critically evaluate developments in the international transport sector|
|5||analyse the emergence and development of visitor markets and experiences|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- examine current global issues that may influence tourism and hotel development
- demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which the media can influence tourism development
- evaluate and apply risk management processes
- critically evaluate developments in the international transport sector
- analyse the emergence and development of visitor markets and experiences