PG Coursework Unit
Consolidate learning from previous units and provide students with the opportunity to apply their learning to practical teaching experience. The unit will: (i) prepare students to undertake a successful professional experience placement, (ii) facilitate the satisfactory completion of a professional experience placement in an infant and toddler setting (birth to 2 years), and (iii) enable students’ critical reflection on their professional experience placement. This unit consists of a compulsory one-day pre-professional experience briefing (or equivalent), followed by an onsite professional experience and two-hour post-professional experience de-brief.
Preparation for placement followed by Professional Experience.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment|
|2||understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment|
|3||critically record relevant examples of professional practice|
|4||critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand and meet the expectations and requirements of a professional environment
- understand, observe and apply standards and principles in a professional environment
- critically record relevant examples of professional practice
- critically and creatively reflect on professional experiences
- Sims, M.,& Hutchins, T. , 2020, Program planning for infants and toddlers, 3rd, Pademelon Press, Jamberoo, NSW. ISBN: 9781876138578.