Unit of Study TCHR5002 - Professional Experience I: Enhancing Student Learning (2022)
Show me unit information for year
PG Coursework Unit
- be enrolled or already completed:
- EDUC6015 - Visual Arts: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- TCHR3002 - English: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC3004 - Science: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC3019 - HSIE: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC3020 - Technologies and Design: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC6014 - Music: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC3003 - Mathematics: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II OR
- EDUC3005 - PDHPE: Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy II
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
Identify and apply relevant national and international research that underpins effective teaching;
Link theory to practice by planning, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning experiences;
Reflect critically and creatively on teaching practices, drawing on classroom experiences of student learning.
Analyse policy documents and procedures with which teachers need to comply, including child protection legislation, teacher duty-of-care and code of conduct obligations;
Identify ways in which cohort data on school based assessment can be understood and reported;
Use school based assessment data to evaluate and improve professional practice, including improving student learning outcomes.