PG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to business analytics. Statistical tools to analyse and model real-world situations and data are developed. The interpretation and communication of the results are emphasised. Excel is used for statistical calculations.
- Introduction to business analytics
- Probability and data modelling
- Statistical distributions
- Confidence interval estimations
- Hypothesis testing
- Introduction to regression modelling
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making|
|2||critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty|
|3||analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse and interpret business and economic data to inform decision making
- critically evaluate business and economic data that is characterised by uncertainty
- analyse and apply regression modelling techniques to evaluate and inform decision making.
- No prescribed texts.
- This is the ISBN for the Value Pack Basic Business Statistics + PHStat Access kit for Statistics: Berenson, ML, Levine, DM, Szabat, KA, O’Brien, M, Jayne, N & Watson, J,, 2018, Basic Business Statistics, 5 th edn, Pearson Australia. ISBN: 9781488687921.