Unit of Study SPCH2015 - Work Integrated Learning in Speech Pathology 2 (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
describe assessment and analysis approaches for children with diverse communication needs in line with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Framework and other models
provide feedback on results of speech pathology assessments to the client and/or significant others, and discuss goals and management options
demonstrate professional and clinical competence, with a moderate level of support, working with clients in a work integrated learning environment
Prescribed learning resources
- Beukelman, DR, Light, JC, 2020, Augmentative & Alternative Communication: Supporting Children and Adults with Complex Communication Needs, 5th edn, Brookes Publishing..
- Roth, FP & Worthington, CK, 2019, Treatment resource manual for speech-language pathology, 6th edn, Cengage Learning..
- Shipley, KG & McAfee, JG, 2021, Assessment in speech-language pathology: a resource manual, 6th edn, Cengage Learning..
- Yorkston, KM, Beukelman, DR, Strand, EA & Hakel, M, 2010, Management of motor speech disorders in children and adults, 3rd edn, Pro-Ed..
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.