Unit of Study SOIL2001 - Soil Processes (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- CHEM1001 - Chemistry and
- SCIN1004 - Earth Systems ; OR Admission to
- 2125105 - Diploma of Regenerative Agriculture and
- SCIN1001 - Nature of Science (pre or co req); OR Admission to
- 1108440 - Graduate Diploma of Regenerative Agriculture .
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
describe the main soil forming processes
describe the major biological, chemical and physical properties of soils and their influence on water and nutrient cycles
assess and describe soil structure, texture and consistence and classify soils using different soil classification methods
discuss the cycling of nutrients through soil and their availability to plants.
Prescribed learning resources
- The following text is available free online at: https://www.publish.csiro.au/ebook/download/pdf/8016: Isbell, R.F. and the National Committee on Soil and Terrain, 2021, The Australian Soil Classification, 3rd, CSIRO, Canberra, ACT. ISBN: 978-1-486-1479-9.
Laboratory coat and safety glasses are required for laboratory sessions.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.