Unit of Study REHB2001 - Simulated and Actual Internal Clinics: Mixed Caseload (2022)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- Completion of 192 credit points; AND
- PODR2003 - Internal Clinical Placement AND
- PODR2004 - Lower Limb Medicine II AND
- PODR2005 - Orthoses and Bracing AND
- PODR2010 - Lower Limb Assessment II ; OR For Speech:
- SPCH2005 - Child Language and Literacy: Theory and Practice AND must have completed or be currently enrolled in
- SPCH2007 - Neurogenic Speech Disorders in Adults and Children AND
- SPCH2008 - Language in Adults: Theory and Practice
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
apply effective clinical reasoning, profession specific and inter-professional skills for clients with a range of disorders, and critically reflect on clinical practice
conceptualise and integrate use of the ICF, Disability and Health framework in the diagnosis of impairment (body function and structure) and its impact on life activities and participation
assess, plan, implement, measure and evaluate intervention for clients and their caregivers based on appropriate evidence, and using relevant technologies
write professional reports that include recommendations based on evidence and justified with clinical reasoning
identify and describe the roles of members of the inter-disciplinary team involved in client management and care
Prescribed learning resources
- Higgs, J, Ajjawi, R, McAllister, L, Trede, F & Loftus, S, 2012, Communicating in the health sciences, 3rd edn, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne, Vic. ISBN: 9780195579048.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.