Must have completed or be currently enrolled in PSYC4003 - Psychology Honours Thesis I
Provides students with the opportunity to conduct empirical research under supervision in a specialised field of psychology. The unit will culminate in a conference presentation and submission of the thesis.
- Conducting a research project in psychology
- Appropriate analysis and reporting of empirical data
- Reporting research findings as a conference presentation
- Writing a research thesis in the style of a journal article
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse valid, reliable data|
|2||communicate research findings at a conference to a professionally acceptable standard|
|3||produce an empirically-based thesis in psychology.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse valid, reliable data
- communicate research findings at a conference to a professionally acceptable standard
- produce an empirically-based thesis in psychology.
- No prescribed texts.