Not currently available in 2022
PG Coursework Unit
Provides students with skills in the organisation, implementation and management of strategies to purchase, maintain and enhance the longevity of public and private infrastructure assets and engineering technology. Asset management software tools are introduced. Emphasis is on developing strategic asset management decision making skills in students, through activities that integrate underpinning theories and best engineering industry practice.
- Principles of life-cycle analyses associated with operation, maintenance and renewal of infrastructure assets
- Assessing remaining service life and renewal strategies
- Familiarisation with software tools
- Planning and implementation of asset management: managing costs, resources, quality and risks
- Asset management frameworks
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain, apply and reflect on asset management theory and frameworks.|
|2||integrate theory and best practice of infrastructure asset management to industry relevant problems|
|3||apply asset management tools to the stages of asset life-cycle|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain, apply and reflect on asset management theory and frameworks.
- integrate theory and best practice of infrastructure asset management to industry relevant problems
- apply asset management tools to the stages of asset life-cycle