PG Coursework Unit
Consideration of project initiation and planning as the first processes in the project management lifecycle. Students undertake structure and problem-based (scenario) learning to evaluate and assess a project at the selection phase, and create and critique comprehensive project management plans and charters.
- Project Selection
- Stakeholder and Communication Management
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning — Scope Management
- Project Time and Resource Management
- Project Planning — Cost Estimation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities|
|2||Create and apply project selection matrices|
|3||Create a project charter|
|4||Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs|
|5||Develop sustainable and agile project management plans.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Assess alignment of project goals with organisational capabilities
- Create and apply project selection matrices
- Create a project charter
- Assess and manage project budgets, assumptions, resource constraints against stakeholder needs
- Develop sustainable and agile project management plans.
- No prescribed texts.