PG Coursework Unit
Provides students with both the theoretical and practical skills to respond to rapidly changing mobile and cloud application development. Students will be able to design, develop and test a cloud-enabled mobile application, as well as identify the risks of privacy, security and ethical use of personal data.
- Introduction to TypeScript Programming
- Web programming using Angular framework
- Advanced web and mobile programming using Angular framework
- Cross-platform app development using Ionic framework
- Advanced native app development
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Technologies and Models
- Fundamental and Specialised Cloud Mechanisms
- Cost and Service Quality
- Advanced Cloud Architectures
- Specialised Cloud Architectures
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse opportunities and requirements for developing cloud-enabled mobile applications|
|2||identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in mobile and cloud technologies|
|3||develop mobile applications and the supporting cloud services|
|4||determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed mobile application|
|5||propose solutions to advanced mobile app features which can enhance user experience and app’s functionality|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse opportunities and requirements for developing cloud-enabled mobile applications
- identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in mobile and cloud technologies
- develop mobile applications and the supporting cloud services
- determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed mobile application
- propose solutions to advanced mobile app features which can enhance user experience and app’s functionality
- T. Erl, Z. Mahmood, and R. Puttini, 2013, Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology and Architecture, 1st, Pearson, USA. ISBN: Printed version: ISBN-13: 9780133387520; Online version: ISBN-13: 9780133387513.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.