UG Coursework Unit
ISYS1001 - Web Development I AND one of (ISYS2001 - Resources for User Interaction OR ISY00324 - Visual Resources for Interactive Applications)
Focuses on designing the User Experience (UX), applying principles of psychology including cognition, perception and graphic design. Using prototyping tools, development and animation environments, students will design and develop interactive online content and simple interactive web-based applications. UX specialists are in high demand for web and mobile applications.
User experience and the design of interactive applications
Design Thinking and user-centred design
User Interfaces for the web
User Interfaces for interactive applications
Designing effective feedback and interactivity
Designing for different types of applications
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply User Experience principles and industry-standard design patterns to the design of web pages and interactive applications|
|2||apply Design Thinking processes and user-centred design and evaluation methods to meet user requirements|
|3||produce and present documentation to effectively communicate interactive application designs|
|4||design effective interactive prototypes using multimedia software and tools|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply User Experience principles and industry-standard design patterns to the design of web pages and interactive applications
- apply Design Thinking processes and user-centred design and evaluation methods to meet user requirements
- produce and present documentation to effectively communicate interactive application designs
- design effective interactive prototypes using multimedia software and tools
A web-based development environment will be used.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.