UG Coursework Unit
ISYS1001 - Web Development I AND ISYS2001 - Resources for User Interaction OR ISY00324 - Visual Resources for Interactive Applications
Focuses on designing the User Experience (UX), applying principles of psychology including cognition, perception and graphic design. Using prototyping tools, development and animation environments, students will design and develop interactive online content and simple interactive web-based applications. UX specialists are in high demand for web and mobile applications.
Topic 1: Introduction to the User Experience
Topic 2: User Interface Design Principles
Topic 3: Psychology of UX
Topic 4: Human Perception, Colour
Topic 5: Building animation
Topic 6: Building interactivity
Topic 7: Designing immersive games
Topic 8: Development approaches
Topic 9: Multi-platform design
Topic 10: User-centred design
Topic 11: Designing for reusability
Topic 12: User testing & evaluation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||produce design storyboard documentation for interactive web applications|
|2||design and develop intuitive, user-friendly interactions and navigation for interactive web applications|
|3||produce logic, flowcharts and pseudo-code for interactive web applications|
|4||implement standard assignment, logical and control expressions in interactive web applications|
|5||develop an interactive web application using an appropriate development tool|
|6||apply User Experience principles in the design of web applications.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- produce design storyboard documentation for interactive web applications
- design and develop intuitive, user-friendly interactions and navigation for interactive web applications
- produce logic, flowcharts and pseudo-code for interactive web applications
- implement standard assignment, logical and control expressions in interactive web applications
- develop an interactive web application using an appropriate development tool
- apply User Experience principles in the design of web applications.
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed texts.