UG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to the Podiatry and Pedorthics professions, including the history, development, roles and responsibilities of each profession in the context of the healthcare system. Students are introduced to the International Classification of Functioning framework and its relationship with mobility disorders.
- History and evolution of the podiatry and pedorthic professions and their respective roles in the broader healthcare system
- Introduction to communication skills
- Introduction to development and maintenance of mobility across the lifespan
- Introduction to the International Classification of Functioning framework, and how this applies to disorders of gait and mobility
- Introduction to Evidence Based Practice
- Introduction to research, written expression and referencing
- Introduction to professional behaviours which are consistent with the conduct standards of podiatry and pedorthics
- Preparing for success in professional practice and fieldwork learning
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the roles and responsibilities of Podiatrists and Pedorthists|
|2||applies evidence to support interventions in health care practice|
|3||discuss mobility and independent functioning across the lifespan using appropriate terminology|
|4||describe the general impact of lower limb disorders using the International Classification of Functioning framework|
|5||exhibit professional and ethical behaviour and communication in a workplace environment.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the roles and responsibilities of Podiatrists and Pedorthists
- applies evidence to support interventions in health care practice
- discuss mobility and independent functioning across the lifespan using appropriate terminology
- describe the general impact of lower limb disorders using the International Classification of Functioning framework
- exhibit professional and ethical behaviour and communication in a workplace environment.
- No prescribed texts.