UG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to the basic principles and concepts of mathematics applied to physics and chemistry. Students will gain analytic and problem solving skills by applying mathematical concepts to biomedical and health contexts.
- Maths for science
- Laws of motion
- Work and energy
- Maths for chemistry
- Gases and thermodynamics
- Waves light and sound
- Electricity, magnetism and radiation
- Logarithmic and exponential functions
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of data
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe and explain physics concepts as they relate to biomedical science and human health|
|2||apply analytic and problem solving skills to evaluate mathematical problems|
|3||demonstrate knowledge of mathematics applied to chemistry|
|4||apply mathematical concepts to statistical analysis of data|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe and explain physics concepts as they relate to biomedical science and human health
- apply analytic and problem solving skills to evaluate mathematical problems
- demonstrate knowledge of mathematics applied to chemistry
- apply mathematical concepts to statistical analysis of data
- No prescribed texts.