UG Coursework Unit
Advances the application and integration of osteopathic principles into practice through the learning of advanced technical skills and treatment modalities. Introduces knowledge and skills in the management of the paediatric patient.
- Osteopathic Principles in Practice
- Osteopathic Diagnosis – Regional and systemic dysfunction – Neuromusculoskeletal model
- Osteopathic Treatment – Regional High Velocity Low Amplitude (HVLA) technique, and Muscle Energy Technique (MET) and combined methods
- Use of Evidence Based Reasoning in case studies
- Osteopathic management in Paediatrics common presentations and management
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an advanced understanding of the osteopathic principles of diagnosis and treatment|
|2||demonstrate safe and effective advanced HVLA, MET and combined treatment modalities for all regions of the body|
|3||critically review osteopathic diagnosis and treatment|
|4||demonstrate safe and effective assessment and management of the paediatric patient|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced understanding of the osteopathic principles of diagnosis and treatment
- demonstrate safe and effective advanced HVLA, MET and combined treatment modalities for all regions of the body
- critically review osteopathic diagnosis and treatment
- demonstrate safe and effective assessment and management of the paediatric patient
- No prescribed texts.