Unit of Study NURS2010 - Acute Care Nursing (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- For students in 3005105:
- HBIO1003 - Systemic Anatomy AND
- NURS2007 - Primary Health Care and Nursing Practices AND
- NURS2009 - Health Maintenance and Restorative Nursing Care AND
- PHAR2001 - Introductory Pharmacology ; OR for students in 3007303:
- NURS2001 - Nursing Practices AND
- PHAR2001 - Introductory Pharmacology
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
critically analyse patient assessment data to determine an effective care plan for patient-centred acute care nursing
practice safe and competent nursing care in a range of acute consumer clinical presentations
demonstrate sound problem-solving abilities applied to professional and collaborative practice in the simulated acute care setting.
relate knowledge of pharmacotherapeutics to safe medication management in acute contexts