UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Builds upon previous knowledge and skills to enable students to acquire an applied perspective on research and the principles of quality management and patient safety.
- Introduction to quality management
- Quality assurance models in health care
- Strategies to improve health care
- Integrating patient preferences in planning quality care
- Utilising research to promote patient safety
- Utilising research to identify health care issues
- Incident reporting and analysis
- Patient safety and sentinel events
- Evidence-based practice and quality health outcomes
- Evidence-based practice and systematic reviews
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||analyse contemporary models of quality assurances and how they promote quality health care|
|2||analyse strategies, including research used, to identify and address patient safety risks|
|3||evaluate evidence-based interventions in promoting quality patient care|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
analyse contemporary models of quality assurances and how they promote quality health care
analyse strategies, including research used, to identify and address patient safety risks
evaluate evidence-based interventions in promoting quality patient care
- No prescribed texts.