PG Coursework Unit
Learners engage in the implementation and reporting of a research project as developed in Research Project A. Learners discover how to appropriately collect and store research data, analyse data, report research (including the results, discussion, limitations, implications and conclusions), and disseminate research findings. Learners also realise how to present research outcomes as a manuscript results section suitable for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Collection and storage of research data
- Reporting research results
- Discussing research findings
- Disclosing limitations, reporting implications and drawing conclusions
- Preparing a journal manuscript
- Disseminating research findings
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||discuss collection and storage of research data appropriate to own research project|
|2||critically discuss research findings in a clear, concise, accurate and objective manner|
|3||generate a concise, objective and appropriately formatted results section of a journal manuscript|
|4||discuss dissemination of research findings applicable to the research project|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss collection and storage of research data appropriate to own research project
- critically discuss research findings in a clear, concise, accurate and objective manner
- generate a concise, objective and appropriately formatted results section of a journal manuscript
- discuss dissemination of research findings applicable to the research project
There are readings and resources and overview provided for each module in this unit. See MySCU for details.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.