UG Coursework Unit
Builds on the skills and knowledge gained in Music Craft I, challenging and developing foundational performance, songwriting or production skills through analysis and critique of repertoire and the application of studio specific techniques. Further develops foundational level music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge (including notation software and digital audio workstation software). Students participate in practical and lab sessions and participate in one to one and small group tuition in their chosen studio practice area.
Foundational level skills and knowledge related to a specific studio practice area (performance, songwriting or production).
Analysis and critique of repertoire, performance and recordings
- Foundational level music theory and musicianship skills and knowledge
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply foundational music theory through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks|
|2||explore digital audio workstation and notation software tools to understand foundational music theory concepts|
|3||explain foundational level concepts and techniques used in performance /presentation of selected repertoire/examples in a specific studio practice area|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply foundational music theory through aural, performance, written, creative and improvisation tasks
- explore digital audio workstation and notation software tools to understand foundational music theory concepts
- explain foundational level concepts and techniques used in performance /presentation of selected repertoire/examples in a specific studio practice area
- Drums: Sanders, D, 2020, Progressive Steps to Better Drumming, Prepared Sounds, Queensland, Australia. ISBN: 978-0-64516-0-5.
- Keyboards: Russell, S, 2020, Calm Hands: Safe and Efficient Technique for Pianists, Wagtail Books, New South Wales, Australia. ISBN: 978-0-646-82878-7.
- Other: Other texts as prescribed by individual studio lecturer, titles depending on instrument.