UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Provides group instrumental or vocal tuition building on the skills and knowledge developed in the unit Instrumental Techniques I. The study is sequenced according to the needs and abilities of each individual, and the demands of each instrument.
- Technique and technical routines of an instrument: guitar, bass, drums, keyboards or in singing
- Performance practice in contemporary styles
- WHS issues related to music performance
- Evaluating and reflecting on practice strategies and performance outcomes
- Performance preparation, stagecraft and ensemble direction
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate contemporary music performance techniques|
|2||demonstrate the application of theory to performance and studio practice|
|3||demonstrate musicianship skills applied to contemporary music performance|
|4||perform solo or in a small ensemble.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate contemporary music performance techniques
demonstrate the application of theory to performance and studio practice
demonstrate musicianship skills applied to contemporary music performance
perform solo or in a small ensemble.
- No prescribed texts.