UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Provides group instrumental or vocal tuition aiming to build on students' existing music performance skills in relation to particular instrument performance techniques; or to gain introductory instrument performance skills in a specific studio area. The study is sequenced according to the needs and abilities of each individual, and the demands of each instrument.
- Studio specific WHS issues related to music performance
- Technique and technical routines application of an instrument - either guitar, bass, drums, keyboards or in singing
- Establishing, documenting and demonstrating practice routines
- Performance practice in popular music styles
- Solo performance exam preparation, introductory stagecraft, stageplan responsibilities and ensemble leadership skills.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate technical application of studio specific practice routines|
|2||demonstrate music performance techniques|
|3||demonstrate musicianship skills applied to music performance|
|4||perform solo or in a small ensemble (due, trio or quartet).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate technical application of studio specific practice routines
demonstrate music performance techniques
demonstrate musicianship skills applied to music performance
perform solo or in a small ensemble (due, trio or quartet).
- No prescribed texts.