|Gold Coast||Session 1, 3||Session 1, 3|
|Melbourne||Session 1||Session 1, 3|
|New Zealand - MIT||Session 1, 3||Session 1, 3|
|Online||Session 1, 3||Session 1, 3|
|Papua New Guinea - Air Niugini||N/A||Session 1, 3|
|Singapore - MDIS||N/A||Session 1|
|Sydney||N/A||Session 1, 3|
PG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
be admitted to: MNG01720 Organisational Behaviour OR MNG82210 - Organisational Behaviour (Online)
This unit introduces students to work and worker behaviour; behaviour at work; group and organisational behaviour; links between behaviour and organisational restructure; tasks and job design; administrative hierarchy; job satisfaction and worker adjustment; stress and other factors related to the environment of work; values associated with work behaviour.
Module 1: Organisations and the individual
- Management and organisational behaviour: an overview
- Linking attitudes to workplace behaviour
- Personality and values: understanding individual worker differences
- Perception and decision-making
- Motivation in the workplace
Module 2: Interpersonal and group processes
- Understanding and managing inter-group dynamics
- Managing collaboration and conflict
Module 3: The organisational system
- Organisational structure and design
- Organisational culture and ethical behaviour
- Managing organisational change and development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||critically analyse the determinants of workplace behaviour|
|2||discuss how organisational effectiveness is influenced by diversity of the internal and external environment|
|3||apply problem solving and decision making techniques to the organisational context|
|4||describe the processes associated with effective communication, motivation, and managing people through collaboration and conflict in an organisational context|
|5||evaluate and discuss issues relevant to the study of organisational design, culture and change.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
critically analyse the determinants of workplace behaviour
discuss how organisational effectiveness is influenced by diversity of the internal and external environment
apply problem solving and decision making techniques to the organisational context
describe the processes associated with effective communication, motivation, and managing people through collaboration and conflict in an organisational context
evaluate and discuss issues relevant to the study of organisational design, culture and change.
- Robbins, SP, Judge, TA, Millett, B & Boyle, M, 2014, Organisational Behaviour, 7th edn, Pearson, Frenchs Forest, Australia. ISBN: 9781442558786.
- It is expected that students will have access to a copy of the prescribed text (either hardcopy or electronic) throughout the session: Robbins, SP, Judge, TA, Millett, B & Boyle, M, 2017, Organisational Behaviour, 8th edn, Pearson, Melbourne, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-4886-0932-9.