UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
84 credit points in any SCU units
Engages students in authentic experiences of professional service and workplace practice within hospitality industries. PHE integrates academic and practical learning through students working continuously in one organisation for a 6-month period to gain 600 hours work experience.
- Orientation to the workplace
- Assess the psychological contract
- Develop professional learning objectives for achievement in the workplace
- Tutor workplace support and guidance
- Observe and develop practical and transferable skills and techniques
- Exposure to business practices and organisational culture of a hospitality business environment
- The workplace performance evaluation process
- Reflect on the relationship between academic studies and the hospitality business environment
- Reflection and debrief on the PHE
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||develop, adjust and achieve professional workplace goals|
|2||report and reflect on the nature of their chosen industry sector|
|3||integrate concepts and principles into authentic workplace practice|
|4||demonstrate capacity to meet workplace requirements and sustain employment within their chosen industry sector.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
develop, adjust and achieve professional workplace goals
report and reflect on the nature of their chosen industry sector
integrate concepts and principles into authentic workplace practice
demonstrate capacity to meet workplace requirements and sustain employment within their chosen industry sector.
- No prescribed texts.