PG Coursework Unit
Strengthens students’ clinical leadership skills in implementing the available evidence based knowledge on a chosen topic directly relating to mental health and/or mental illness. There is an emphasis on leading the translation and application of knowledge to clinical practice settings.
One specialist topic from mental health and or illness perspectives:
- Addiction in mental health contexts
- Lived experience of mental illness in the workforce
- Suicide: drivers and mitigation
- Psychological trauma from childhood into adulthood
- Gaps and resonances between research evidence and practice
- Change processes within mental health contexts
- Management of the translation of research into clinical practice
- Clinical leadership in mental health
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically contrast the findings from the literature with that of current practice and /or policy in clinical settings|
|2||apply and integrate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice settings|
|3||identify and apply mental health specific barriers and enablers to successfully changing practice and/or policy|
|4||explain how clinical leadership in mental health will influence the translation and application from literature to practice|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically contrast the findings from the literature with that of current practice and /or policy in clinical settings
- apply and integrate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice settings
- identify and apply mental health specific barriers and enablers to successfully changing practice and/or policy
- explain how clinical leadership in mental health will influence the translation and application from literature to practice
- No prescribed texts.
- Stanley, D., 2017, Clinical Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare: Values into Action , 2nd Edition, Wiley. ISBN: 9781119253785 (online).