Unit of Study LAWS2017 - Principles of Equity (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- LAW00115 - Equity AND this unit is not available for students admitted to
- 2206351 - Associate Degree in Law (Paralegal Studies) OR
- 3006110 - Bachelor of Legal and Justice Studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate an understanding of the underlying themes and issues and the key legal principles relating to equity and trust law
explain the reasons for a distinctive equitable jurisdiction, and the significance of equitable doctrines and remedies in law
apply legal reasoning and research to generate appropriate responses to legal problems in equity and trust law contexts
apply critical judgment including analysis, reasoning, and appropriate directed research to equity and trust law topics
Prescribed learning resources
- Radan, P & Stewart, C, 2021, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, 5th edn, LexisNexis, Australia. ISBN: 9780409352993.
- Access to a computer with a webcam and reliable internet connection. Students will be required to complete an onboarding process to verify their identity before attempting the online exam in this unit.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.