Unit of Study LAWS2016 - Evidence (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- LAW00114 - Evidence and Civil Procedure AND this unit is not available for students admitted to
- 2206351 - Associate Degree in Law (Paralegal Studies) OR
- 3006110 - Bachelor of Legal and Justice Studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate an understanding of the criteria by which common law and legislation in Australian jurisdictions admit or reject evidence
explain and evaluate the use to be made of evidence in civil and criminal proceedings
distinguish and evaluate the different burdens of proof which apply to civil and criminal proceedings
apply applicable legal principles to specific factual circumstances and synthesise responses which are appropriate in a legal professional environment and which demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of the issues
Prescribed learning resources
- (Note: e-copies of textbooks cannot be taken into the examination room with you. Even in open-book exams, only materials written or printed on paper are permitted - electronic devices are not.) : Hemming, Andrew and Chesser, Brianna, 2020, Evidence: Commentary & Materials ("EvC&M"), 9th ed, Thomson Reuter/ LawBook Australia, Australia. ISBN: 9780455244747.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.