Unit of Study LAWS2013 - Civil Litigation and Procedure (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- This unit is not available for students admitted to
- 2206351 - Associate Degree in Law (Paralegal Studies) OR
- 3006110 - Bachelor of Legal and Justice Studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
demonstrate an understanding of the principles and rules which govern the conduct of civil litigation in Australian jurisdictions
apply the relevant principles and rules of civil litigation to formulate responses to hypothetical scenarios
demonstrate a high level of skill in the application of relevant rules to the preparation of pleadings and other documents typically required in the conduct of civil litigation
Prescribed learning resources
- Colbran, S, Spender, P, Douglas, R & Jackson, S, 2019, Civil Procedure Commentary and Materials, 7th edn, LexisNexis, Australia. ISBN: 9780409348842.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Colbran, S, Spender, P & Penovic, T, 2022, Civil Procedure Commentary and Materials, 8th edn, LexisNexis, Australia. ISBN: 9780409354263.
Access to a computer with a webcam and reliable internet connection. Students will be required to complete an onboarding process to verify their identity before attempting the online exam in this unit.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.