Unit of Study LAWS2011 - Statutory Interpretation (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- Not available for students admitted to
- 2206351 - Associate Degree in Law (Paralegal Studies) OR
- 3006110 - Bachelor of Legal and Justice Studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
identify the rules and principles relating to statutory interpretation in Australia, and apply these to resolve hypothetical scenarios
demonstrate a high level of skill in the reading and interpretation of statutes and other instruments
analyse and explain the reasoning behind a particular interpretation of a statute
demonstrate an ability to explain the relevant legal rules and principles in clear and logical language.
Prescribed learning resources
- Sanson, M, 2016, Statutory Interpretation, 2nd edn, Oxford University Press, Melbourne. ISBN: 9780190304577.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.