PG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to digital innovation: the entrepreneurial environment and way of thinking, and the process of innovation. Students gain insight into diverse social, economic, institutional and political factors affecting future software development and User Experience (UX) design. Students learn to critically evaluate the risks involved with the entrepreneurship and innovation process.
Topic 1: Entrepreneurship processes and development for digital transformations
Topic 2: Business innovation models
Topic 3: Innovation management and organisation in technology-driven enterprises
Topic 4: Social innovation and social entrepreneurs
Topic 5: Assessing entrepreneurial opportunities
Topic 6: Capital and networking
Topic 7: Role of social media in business development and growth
Topic 8: New venture creation: Software and interactive products
Topic 9: Challenges for new venture creation
Topic 10: Developing an effective business plan
Topic 11: Growth strategies
Topic 12: Ethics of innovation and entrepreneurship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||reflect on the role of socio-economic, cultural and political conditions in the success or failure of new business enterprises|
|2||critically assess the viability of business ventures and innovation|
|3||develop a business plan for a new venture in the technological space|
|4||examine the ethical considerations of enterprises and innovation|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- reflect on the role of socio-economic, cultural and political conditions in the success or failure of new business enterprises
- critically assess the viability of business ventures and innovation
- develop a business plan for a new venture in the technological space
- examine the ethical considerations of enterprises and innovation
- Kuratko, DF, 2017, Entrepreneurship: Theory, Process, Practice, 10th edn, Cengage Learning.
- Plucker, JA, 2017, Creativity and Innovation: Theory, Research, and Practice, Prufrock Press.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.