Not currently available in 2021
UG Coursework Unit
Requires students to undertake planning and control for software projects and perform software analysis and design for clients. Students will have opportunities to demonstrate and apply their skills of project management, software analysis and design, documentation, communication and maintenance of relationships with other stakeholders. A student will demonstrate skills specific to their major of study as well as core skills applied to the project undertaken.
This is a capstone unit for the Bachelor of Information Technology course. Students are expected to plan, monitor, control and review a project, and complete system analysis and design. The topics of most relevance to achieving the goals of this unit are as follows:
- Project management
- Feasibility analysis
- Systems analysis
- Systems design
- Presentation of system specifications
- Report writing
- Client/user liaison
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use techniques for project management to achieve project goals|
|2||plan, monitor, control and evaluate a project, and complete activities for analysis and design of systems relevant to their major|
|3||choose and justify an appropriate methodology for systems analysis and design|
|4||apply analysis and design tools to document system specifications|
|5||interact and involve all stakeholders during planning, analysis and design phases.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use techniques for project management to achieve project goals
- plan, monitor, control and evaluate a project, and complete activities for analysis and design of systems relevant to their major
- choose and justify an appropriate methodology for systems analysis and design
- apply analysis and design tools to document system specifications
- interact and involve all stakeholders during planning, analysis and design phases.