UG Coursework Unit
Studies the techniques, tools and methods of systems analysis in a business environment. Aims to assist students to develop analytical skills in information requirements analysis, problem identification, feasibility assessment, data modelling, use case analysis, specifications and socio-technical issues of the systems development life-cycle.
Topic 1: Development of Information Systems
Topic 2: Approaches to Systems Development
Topic 3: Project Management
Topic 4: Risks and Feasibility
Topic 5: Investigating Requirements
Topic 6: Analysing Requirements – Use Cases
Topic 7: Analysing Requirements – Entities
Topic 8: Modelling Approaches
Topic 9: Alternatives for Implementation
Topic 10: Systems design
Topic 11: Systems Implementation and Support
Topic 12: Current Trends in System Development
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the core processes involved in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a computer based information system|
|2||simulate the role of the systems analyst with respect to the analysis, design and implementation of computer systems|
|3||apply various techniques to the analysis of current systems and modelling of future systems|
|4||use a range of analysis and design tools and techniques|
|5||compare and contrast current trends in development of computer information systems|
|6||produce project management charts|
|7||describe quality assurance and testing procedures in software development.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the core processes involved in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a computer based information system
- simulate the role of the systems analyst with respect to the analysis, design and implementation of computer systems
- apply various techniques to the analysis of current systems and modelling of future systems
- use a range of analysis and design tools and techniques
- compare and contrast current trends in development of computer information systems
- produce project management charts
- describe quality assurance and testing procedures in software development.
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed texts.