UG Coursework Unit
Provides students with an introduction to website development from design to implementation. Students will be introduced to the use of media resources, applying common structures and integrating text, graphics, audio, and animation. Web and accessibility standards will be applied to web page development and copyright, privacy, ethical and cultural issues reviewed.
- The structure of a website
- Webpage Design
- Translating styles into code
- Styling with CSS
- Content Management Systems
- Website developer professionalism
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the components of, and use markup languages for web development|
|2||apply written communication skills to a website|
|3||demonstrate the ability to plan and develop efficient and usable websites|
|4||explain and interpret ethical, accessibility and professional issues related to web development|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the components of, and use markup languages for web development
- apply written communication skills to a website
- demonstrate the ability to plan and develop efficient and usable websites
- explain and interpret ethical, accessibility and professional issues related to web development
- Available online through the Library: Richard Adams and Ahmed Sagarwala, 2018, Web Design Primer, 1, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
- No prescribed texts.