PG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Focuses on managerial issues related to digital enterprises: benefits and opportunities as supported and enabled by internet technologies and modern information technology applications; security, legal and ethical issues; and the role of government. The unit uses a text but also relies heavily on web-based materials.
- Digital enterprise basics & Technology foundations for digital enterprise
- Business to consumer (B2C) (E-tailing & Internet marketing) & Business to business (B2B) digital business
- Mobile enterprise, Social networks and Other types of digital enterprise
- Electronic payment systems
- Planning and launching e-initiatives
- Success factors, challenges/critical issues, and future directions.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||examine the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business|
|2||develop and apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities|
|3||examine security, ethical, societal, political, legal and global issues relating to digital enterprises|
|4||evaluate digital enterprise websites and systems.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
examine the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business
develop and apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities
examine security, ethical, societal, political, legal and global issues relating to digital enterprises
evaluate digital enterprise websites and systems.
- Textbook: Turban, E., King, D., Lee, J.K., Liang, T.P., Turban, D.C., 2015, Electronic Commerce: A Managerial and Social Networks Perspective, 8th edn, Springer , Germany. ISBN: ISBN: 978-3-319-10090-6 (Hard Copy)/ 978-3-319-10091-3 (E-Copy).