PG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Focuses on managerial issues related to digital enterprises: benefits and opportunities as supported and enabled by internet technologies and modern information technology applications; security, legal and ethical issues; and the role of government. The unit uses a text but also relies heavily on web-based materials.
- Digital enterprise basics
- Technology foundations for digital enterprise
- Business to consumer (B2C) digital enterprise: E-tailing & Internet marketing
- Business to business (B2B) digital business and supply chain
- Other types of digital enterprise: E-government, e-learning, e-publishing, consumer to consumer (C2C) digital business, Blogs, wikis, online communities & social networks
- Mobile enterprise
- Electronic payment systems
- Planning and launching e-initiatives
- Security, ethical, societal and legal issues of digital enterprise
- Success factors, challenges, and future directions
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||explain the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business|
|2||apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities|
|3||discuss security, ethical, societal, and legal issues relating to digital enterprises|
|4||evaluate existing digital enterprise websites.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
explain the technologies and technology applications which enable digital enterprises for business
apply expertise in recognising and analysing digital enterprise opportunities
discuss security, ethical, societal, and legal issues relating to digital enterprises
evaluate existing digital enterprise websites.
- Turban, E., King, D., Lee, J.K., Liang, T. P., Turban, D.C. , 2015, Electronic Commerce: A Managerial and Social Networks Perspective, Eighth Edition, 2015, 8th Edition , Springer , Germany. ISBN: ISBN: 978-3-319-10090-6 (Hard Copy)/ 978-3-319-10091-3 (E-Copy).
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.