PG Coursework Unit
Considers the issues surrounding the development and management of sustainable food and beverage supply chains. Students will examine supply chains’ processes and structures, menu and operational design, food and beverage sustainability and quality, and challenges in managing quality associated with food and beverage.
There are 6 topics in this unit:
- Understanding food and beverage supply chains
- Menu and operational design
- Developing a quality approach
- Sustainability in supply chains
- Inventory management
- Challenges in managing quality in the supply chain
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify and evaluate the core principles and processes of food and beverage supply chain management|
|2||Analyse contemporary food and beverage supply chain management practices|
|3||Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team through the planning and implementation of a group project|
|4||Design a sustainable supply chain for a food and beverage provider|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the core principles and processes of food and beverage supply chain management
- Analyse contemporary food and beverage supply chain management practices
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team through the planning and implementation of a group project
- Design a sustainable supply chain for a food and beverage provider
- No prescribed texts.