UG Coursework Unit
MNG00111 - Fundamentals of Management OR MGMT1001 - Managing Organisations
Introduces students to the principles and practices of managing organisations in the hospitality industry. Students focus on: traditional management functions, contemporary management challenges, and principles and practices for managing individuals and managing teams.
- The Competing Values Approach to Management
- Creating and Sustaining Commitment and Cohesion
- Establishing and Maintaining Stability and Continuity
- Improving Productivity and Increasing Profitability
- Promoting Change and Encouraging Adaptability
- Integration and The Road To Mastery
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of modern management practices|
|2||identify, compare and contrast the theoretical foundations of management and their impact on modern management practices.|
|3||demonstrate the capability to implement a modern management practice|
|4||demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon one's own preferences for modern management practices.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of modern management practices
- identify, compare and contrast the theoretical foundations of management and their impact on modern management practices.
- demonstrate the capability to implement a modern management practice
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills to reflect upon one's own preferences for modern management practices.
- Quinn, R.E., Clair, L.S.S., Faerman, S.R., Thompson, M.P. and McGrath, M.R., 2020, Becoming a Master Manager: A Competing Values Approach, 7th Edition, John Wiley & Sons.. ISBN: 978-1-119-71095-0.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.