Not currently available in 2021
PG Coursework Unit
Principles and Practice in Lifestyle Medicine 1: Foundations Principles and Practice in Lifestyle Medicine 2: Clinical Processes
Develops knowledge and skill in the planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care using Lifestyle Medicine.
- Planning care in lifestyle medicine.
- Nutrition prescription.
- Exercise prescription.
- Lifestyle prescription and de-prescription.
- Collaboration and referral.
- Reflective practice and evaluation.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Describe the process of planning care within the context of lifestyle medicine.|
|2||Critically appraise nutrition, exercise and lifestyle prescription.|
|3||Illustrate the role of collaboration and referral in lifestyle medicine.|
|4||Integrate the use of reflection and evaluation in lifestyle medicine.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the process of planning care within the context of lifestyle medicine.
- Critically appraise nutrition, exercise and lifestyle prescription.
- Illustrate the role of collaboration and referral in lifestyle medicine.
- Integrate the use of reflection and evaluation in lifestyle medicine.