Not currently available in 2021
PG Coursework Unit
Principles and Practice in Lifestyle Medicine 1: Foundations
Explores the processes and procedures used to support Lifestyle Medicine practice, with a major focus on assessment and diagnosis.
- Clinical Processes and models of care.
- Shared medical appointments.
- Assessment in lifestyle medicine.
- Nutrition and anthropometric assessment.
- Physical activity assessment.
- Diagnostics and diagnosis in lifestyle medicine.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Describe a range of clinical processes and models of care applicable to the practice of lifestyle medicine.|
|2||Analyse the role of shared medical appointments in lifestyle medicine.|
|3||Analyse diverse assessment techniques applicable to lifestyle medicine.|
|4||Critically examine diagnostic tests and diagnostic reasoning pertinent to lifestyle medicine.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Describe a range of clinical processes and models of care applicable to the practice of lifestyle medicine.
- Analyse the role of shared medical appointments in lifestyle medicine.
- Analyse diverse assessment techniques applicable to lifestyle medicine.
- Critically examine diagnostic tests and diagnostic reasoning pertinent to lifestyle medicine.