Not currently available in 2021
PG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to the field of Lifestyle Medicine, and the foundations of the discipline.
- Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine.
- Determinants of Health and Lifestyle disease.
- Nutrition and Health.
- Physical Activity and Health.
- Sleep and Health.
- Practitioner Health and Wellbeing.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Examine the discipline and practice of lifestyle medicine.|
|2||Examine the correlation between the determinants of health and lifestyle disease.|
|3||Critically examine nutrition, physical activity and sleep, and their relationship to health.|
|4||Identify approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Examine the discipline and practice of lifestyle medicine.
- Examine the correlation between the determinants of health and lifestyle disease.
- Critically examine nutrition, physical activity and sleep, and their relationship to health.
- Identify approaches to monitor and support practitioner health and wellbeing.