This unit focuses on skills required to successfully undertake and complete an honours thesis and disseminate outcomes of research. Includes online seminars and self-directed project work designed to prepare graduates to present as an independent contributor to the research community.
- Scholarly writing and editing strategies
- Research communication for a variety of audiences
- Positioning your research in the context of current research
- Research translation
- Resume and career development
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||consolidate skills in scholarly writing and presentation of research|
|2||disseminate and promote a research topic and engage with peers|
|3||justify and discuss a research project in relation to the current research evidence and impact|
|4||demonstrate skills required to present as an independent contributor to research community|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- consolidate skills in scholarly writing and presentation of research
- disseminate and promote a research topic and engage with peers
- justify and discuss a research project in relation to the current research evidence and impact
- demonstrate skills required to present as an independent contributor to research community
- No prescribed texts.