Unit of Study HLTH3010 - Clinical Exercise Physiology for Mental and Cardiorespiratory Health (2023)
Show me unit information for year
UG Coursework Unit
- HLTH3009 - Pathophysiology for Clinical Exercise Physiology OR be admitted to course:
- 1207247 - Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
synthesise the body of evidence on exercise as a compliment for the treatment of mental health
critically analyse and integrate a body of knowledge of cardiorespiratory health and underlying principles and concepts into evidence-based practice
apply and adapt critical clinical thinking and clinical reasoning to provide timely identification of, and response(s) to, clinical safety risks for exercise for individuals with cardiorespiratory conditions
autonomously design and deliver safe, effective and evidence-based clinical exercise assessments and interventions for individuals with cardiorespiratory conditions
Prescribed learning resources
- American College of Sports, M, Riebe, D, Ehrman, JK, Liguori, G & Magal, M, 2022, ACSM’s guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, 11th edn, Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, PA.
- Ehrman, JK, Gordon, PM, Visich, PS & Keteyian, SJ, 2019, Clinical Exercise Physiology, 4th edn, Human Kinetics, Champaign, Illinois. ISBN: 978-1-4925-4645-0 (print)..
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods.