UG Coursework Unit
Level of learning
Introduces students to the origins, theory and practice of homeopathy. Students will learn methods and approaches for analysing simple acute case histories and selecting homeopathic remedies. Critical analysis of the materia medica for acute cases will commence.
- Introduction to homeopathy
- Homeopathic principles and the associated research
- Homeopathic methodology
- Introduction to homeopathic repertorising
- Critical analysis of homeopathy in general and of specific homeopathic remedies
- Study of Materia medica
- Acute and constitutional concepts of prescribing
- Treatment of emergencies and acute conditions
- Introduction to contemporary schools of homeopathic practice
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||utilise homeopathic terminology|
|2||describe the history and early development of homeopathy|
|3||define the principles of homeopathy and critically analyse the relevant research|
|4||describe homeopathic methodology|
|5||describe contemporary schools of homeopathic practice|
|6||take an accurate and comprehensive client history of a simple acute case, giving due attention to weighting of patient symptoms|
|7||analyse such a case.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
utilise homeopathic terminology
describe the history and early development of homeopathy
define the principles of homeopathy and critically analyse the relevant research
describe homeopathic methodology
describe contemporary schools of homeopathic practice
take an accurate and comprehensive client history of a simple acute case, giving due attention to weighting of patient symptoms
analyse such a case.
- Vithoulkas, G, 2005, The science of homoeopathy, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.