UG Coursework Unit
Undertaking a piece of original research on local or community history, students will gain a greater understanding of the professional historical experience. The research is closely supervised and is expected to result in both a piece of public scholarship and an account of the historiographical issues raised during its completion.
- Community and Local History
- Managing research projects
- Methods and sources
- Public scholarship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||locate and critically evaluate a range of relevant sources|
|2||undertake a major research project in community history using historical research skills and methods|
|3||apply oral and written skills in communicating research findings.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- locate and critically evaluate a range of relevant sources
- undertake a major research project in community history using historical research skills and methods
- apply oral and written skills in communicating research findings.
- No prescribed texts.