UG Coursework Unit
Undertaking a piece of original research as part of a greater understanding of the professional historical experience, students work in partnership with a community partner. The research is closely supervised and is expected to result in both a piece of public scholarship and an account of the historiographical issues raised during its completion.
- Nature of research
- Techniques and methods
- Public scholarship
- Managing research projects
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||undertake a literature search focusing on the area of the research topic|
|2||work with a community on a mutually defined research project|
|3||undertake a major research project in community history using historical research skills and methods|
|4||apply oral and written skills in communicating research findings.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- undertake a literature search focusing on the area of the research topic
- work with a community on a mutually defined research project
- undertake a major research project in community history using historical research skills and methods
- apply oral and written skills in communicating research findings.
- No prescribed texts.