UG Coursework Unit
Examines cellular and tissue organisation, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems and the sensory organs. Students explore anatomical structures on models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
- Cellular and Tissue Organisation
- The Integument
- The Nervous System
- The Sensory Organs
- The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Male and Female Reproductive Systems
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to system level|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to system level
- describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body
- demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.
- The information here pertains to the hard copy text (an eText is also available if you prefer — see information in ‘Required online resources’ below). I have packaged the hardcopy text with access to the publisher’s online resources which are called ‘Mastering A&P’. Access to ‘Mastering A&P’ is not essential for this unit, it simply provides an extra study resource for those who find it useful: Marieb, EN, Heisler, R, Wilhelm, PB & Mallatt, JB, 2019, Human Anatomy, Global Edition + Mastering A&P with etext, 9th edn, Pearson. ISBN: 9781488658297.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.