UG Coursework Unit
Introduces students to estate planning and financial plan construction. In this capstone unit, students will develop professional skills by engaging in teacher-directed activities and experiences relevant to responsible estate planning and the construction and presentation of an estate plan and comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).
Module 1: Estate Administration, Wills, Attorneys and Guardians
Module 2: Trusts and Asset Protection
Module 3: Family Law, Insolvency and Superannuation Death Benefits
Module 4: Business Succession Planning and Other Estate Planning Issues
Module 5: Financial Plan Construction I
Module 6: Financial Plan Construction II
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and evaluate client information, risk tolerance, and needs and objectives|
|2||apply an understanding of the estate planning process, key estate planning areas, and regulatory and legal framework|
|3||construct and present an estate plan|
|4||construct and present a comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and evaluate client information, risk tolerance, and needs and objectives
- apply an understanding of the estate planning process, key estate planning areas, and regulatory and legal framework
- construct and present an estate plan
- construct and present a comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).
- McKeown, W, Olynyk, M, Ciancio, L and La, D , 2020, Financial Planning, Essentials Edition, 3rd ed, Wiley. ISBN: 9780730385738.
- O'Sullivan, Bernie, 2018, Estate & Business Succession Planning, 8th ed, The Tax Institute.